The Nascent Magician
Want to learn how to do magick for yourself?
We can help.
This is a complete, online correspondence course on the basics of magic, or magick. Now you can learn magick at home, at your own pace. The Nascent Magician is your own personal school of magickal training. You'll get FREE SUPPORT with the magick course. I am available for questions via email to help you and assist you in learning the art of magick.
However, you must realize that this is for very serious students only. This course will require about 1 hour per day of your time to do all the work that is in the lessons.
The course is $120.
This means that the lessons are only $10 each
and each lesson is a minimum of 2 weeks of work.
There are 12 lessons total.
* There are 2 types of students for this course *
1) Survey Students - for those who want to study the lessons and nothing more. For Survey Students, the only cost is the price of the lessons.
2) Graduate Students - for those who want to receive a diploma, there are tests to be passed and there are some required purchases.
There are 12 lessons, so there are 12 tests.
Each test is at least 40 questions in length. They are multiple choice, True/False, fill-in-the-blank, short answer, and brief essay questions. If you would like to know all the requirements for the Graduate Program, click on this link:
Purchase The Course Here:
*** You will be emailed the .pdf files for the lessons, so please make sure you have Adobe Reader (or an equivalent program to read .pdf files) installed on your computer. Adobe Reader is completely free and very easy to download. Get it here: Adobe Reader
*** Make sure you add our email address to your contacts. Sometimes, I email the first lesson to a brand new student and it goes to their spam folder. Prevent this by simply adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts or your "safe" folder.
*** Check your spam folder! ***
* If the lesson hasn't arrived within 24 hrs, don't panic. I might just be very busy. But if it still has not arrived within 48 hrs, call the shop and ask for me!
It's perfectly alright to take longer than two weeks to finish the lessons! The course is completely self-paced, so just take as long as you want with each lesson. There are no deadlines.
But you may not move on to the next lesson in less than two weeks.
The course is white and gray magick only, no black magick.
See the testimonials page for comments from students who are taking the course and benefitting from it.
If you want to take the course, then go to the PayPal button above, or to the webpage entitled "Magickal Services Offered" and scroll down to the section about the correspondence course. Click the PayPal button and purchase the course.
* PayPal accepts all major credit cards, so...
YOU DO NOT NEED to have a PayPal account!
Please allow up to 72 hrs for delivery. Usually, I get lessons sent out within a few hours.
I will email you the first lesson. It will come in the form of a .zip file. You decompress that (just double-click on it) and there will be a folder, with all the lesson materials in it.
The lessons are about 40-60 pages each (at 16 point type, for readability). There are worksheets that you can print out to practice your homework assignments and there are tons of resources to help you, like valuable web links, a recommended reading list, ritual work, meditation, magickal theory, practical exercises, ESP training, practical magickal workings, spiritual defense techniques, astrology, practice tests and much, much more.
Serious students only, please. This course is not for casual, armchair occultists or fluffy bunnies. This is for people who want to learn how to do real magick.
No previous experience is necessary. You don't have to know anything at all to get started. What is absolutely necessary, is a fervent desire to learn the art of magick and to actually do the work.
Please do not write me a single sentence email, saying something to the effect of "I want to learn magick" or "I want to be a witch". I get dozens of these and those people invariably (seriously, 100% of the time) never do anything more. They didn't bother to read the words that you are reading right now and that says "sloppy thinking". Sloppy thinkers make poor magicians.
If you are serious,
the best advice is to just get started!
Buy the course, work the lessons, do the homework and the rituals and contact me when you have questions.
Those who succeed
are those who
just get started
The Nascent Magician course is VERY ECLECTIC!
This is not a Wicca course. It is not an OTO or Thelemic study program, nor is it a Golden Dawn, Voodoo course or anything that specific.
This is a mix of ceremonial magick, Pagan magick and Hoodoo. You can be of any religion and do this course. However, you cannot harbor any serious resentments against any religion and still do this. In the NM course, we use symbolism that is Pagan, Christian, Jewish and basically anything that works.
I don't teach "traditional Wicca". Even though there is no such thing, people will tell you that there is. To believe that, you need to reduce your definition of the word traditional to meaning less than 50 or 60 years old.
I don't teach strict Golden Dawn methods or confine myself to traditional Hoodoo only. This course is heaviest on the Ceremonial magick. There is also a ton of Hoodoo and Pagan spellcraft. My reasoning is this. If you properly understand and can effectively practice Ceremonial, then Pagan spells and Hoodoo workings will present no problem for you!
What is covered:
* Practical magickal workings
* How to plan out and execute a spell, from start to finish
* The magickal elements
* Talismans & Amulets
* Candle magick
* Effective Prayer
* Money & financial magick
* Dealing with and alleviating personal karma
* Uncrossing (removing "crossed conditions/jinxes)
* How to make Holy Water and use it
* Altar set ups
* Magickal Theory & Practice
and how to handle curses or unruly Spirits
* How to prepare and utilize ritual space
* Working with the phases of the Moon
* How to make, use & store your magickal tools
* How to care for your ritual tools
* How to keep a magickal diary
* How to keep a dream diary
* Ritual work for all aspects of your practice:
The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram
The Lesser Invoking Ritual of the Pentagram
The Middle Pillar
The Banishing Ritual of the Hexagram
The Rite of Elemental Equilibration
Psychic shielding techniques
The Relaxation Ritual
Daily adorations to help you attune with Deity
* Vibratory formula
* Defensive spells
* How to properly word magickal intentions
as to avoid failures and magickal backfires
* Reversing "crossed conditions" and curses
* Working with Angels and Spirits
* Working with Deities
* High & low magick
* Natural & ceremonial magick
* Visualization exercises
* Relaxation exercises
* Effective magickal record-keeping
* A suggested reading list
* Hoodoo practices:
Mojo hands (aka mojo bags, gris gris)
* How to use herbs and incenses properly
* Working with stones, crystals and gems
* Understanding and creating Spirit sigils
* The use of color in ritual
* Exercises to help you gain better control over your:
* Exercises to help your visualization skills
* How to choose a magickal name/motto
and more importantly... what NOT to choose!
* Planetary kameas and hierarchies
* ESP training
* Magickal languages
* How to calculate planetary hours
* Timing and planning your spells for maximum efficiency
* Definition of a fluffy bunny and how NOT to be one!
* How to consecrate tarot cards and dice for divination
* How to make Holy Water
* Sacred Geometry
* How to construct spiritual "servitors"
* What to look for in magickal organizations & groups
* What to avoid in magickal organizations & groups
and much, MUCH more.
We have a Yahoo Forum called Nascent Magician and it's for students only! So you can privately ask questions, share experiences, compare notes and even quiz each other, with total privacy from anyone who is not also taking the course.
As a student of the NMCC, you will have access to our Yahoo Group online. It is for students of this course only.
will be denied entry to the forum.
The forum is not mandatory but it is definitely very HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
It's a great opportunity for you to get to know other students of the course, share experiences and ask any questions you have that are related to the course work.
* You must be at least 18 years of age, or you must have written permission from your parents and I will ask to see some proof that they are OK with you participating in the course. Please do not test me on that.
* You will need time to practice. 1 to 2 hours daily is recommended. I think a minimum would be 30 minutes daily. The less time you put in, the slower you progress. The course is self-paced, so any pace is fine, so long as you are aware and you understand that to progress steadily, you will need an hour or more each day.
* A space for your ritual work is needed. You don't have to have a permanent, dedicated space but you do need someplace you can set up an altar, burn candles and incense and do ritual work, undisturbed.
I am very available to students who are committed to getting started, but I don't have time to answer questions from "window shoppers".
If you have a few questions before you get started, that's perfectly understandable and I will be glad to answer them to the best of my ability.
But I have noticed time and time again that the people who ask the most questions (as in over 5 questions), these are the same people who never actually do anything.
No matter what I say in response to their inquiries, they will fault find and create an excuse not to do the course. Guess what, you don't need an excuse not to take this course! Just don't take it! Seriously, it's your life. You will not get any kind of hard sell from me.
I tell people "Take it... or leave it"
The people who really are determined to learn magick will do the work, whether they study with me or someone else. These people rarely ask more than 3 questions before getting started. This is a very real statistic that I have taken note of.
So don't put it off another day.
in the deep end of the pool